[Solved] The truth about masturbation, against popular myths

truth about masturbation

The truth about masturbation: the one thing almost everybody does but no one talks about.

For instance, an old joke claims “80% of people masturbate, and the other 20% are lying about it.” Of course, there are people who never masturbate but then no one ever admits to it.

Read Also:

You have probably heard about some popular myths about it: how it’s unsafe and all. Well, before I reveal the truth about masturbation, here are some conspiracies as generally believed:

Popular myths about masturbation

  • It makes you blind
  • It makes you daft and stupid
  • It damages your genitals
  • It causes acne breakouts (pimples)
  • It leads to stunted growth
  • It ruins your normal sex life

The good news is, all of these claims are unfounded and untrue. They are simply cooked up claims to discourage you from it as there is a popular claim that it is ungodly.

truth about masturbation

The truth about masturbation

How does masturbation affect you actually? I don’t need to tell you anything in excess is bad. You know that already.

You can’t masturbate too much. But when it gets into your head, into your studies and when it begins to obstruct your normal interactions, daily activities and social engagements, then it’s becoming a plague.

How about if someone walks in on you masturbating? you can laugh it off or make a joke to help make it less awkward. But then, if it goes bad, the joke is on you. Masturbation, just like sex, is a private business.

How safe is masturbation?

According to Planned Parenthood, Masturbation is safer than any other type of sex. You can’t get pregnant or get any sexually transmitted infections from masturbating.

truth about masturbation

Other benefits associated with masturbation

  • One of the truth about masturbation is that it help you learn a lot of things about your body. It makes it easy for you to discover what you like and what you don’t sexually.
  • Masturbation will help you learn how to satisfy yourself sexually which can empoweer and improve your body image.
  • Masturbatiom, just like sex helps you lower stress and help you relax. It even helps put some people to sleep.
  • Having an orgasm releases endorphins — feel good chemicals in your brain. Orgasms can be a natural painkiller and can even help with period cramps.

However according to Planned Parenthood, it’s possible for masturbation to cause irritation or infections if your body is sensitive to the way you masturbate or the things you masturbate with — but this isn’t the same thing as an STD. Lotions, Vaseline, oils, and scented or flavored stuff may irritate your genital.

Masturbation is the body saying it can handle itself, fine, but have you tasted good sex? The truth about masturbation is, though safe, it is not the best bet to sexual satisfaction.

What do you think?